Bridget Williams Books has been awarded the New Zealand Book Industry Special Award at the 2015 New Zealand Book Trade Industry Awards, presented at a ceremony on 21 June 2015.
‘Bridget Williams Books wins this for their innovative list, and how effectively they have embraced the new digital age. They have proven their commitment to quality non-fiction publishing, publishing the important Tangata Whenua, while launching their new imprint BWB Texts over 2014,’ said Carolyn Morgan, one of the five judges.
The judges were Karen Ferns, Jill Rawnsley, Carolyn Morgan, Graham Beattie and Karren Beanland. There were six awards given, and all of the winners were applauded by the judges for their dedication to quality – whether in publication, selling, or running events – and passion for the trade.
The other winners were:
- Young Book Retailer of the Year: Jenna Todd, Time Out Books, Mt Eden
- Sales Rep of the Year: Tammy Ruffell, HarperCollins NZ Lower North Island rep
- Marketing Strategy of the Year: Penguin Random House NZ, for Chelsea Winter’s Everyday Delicious
- Publisher of the Year: Potton and Burton Publishers, newly renamed from Craig Potton Publishers
- Bookseller of the Year: Unity Books, Wellington
The New Zealand Book Trade Lifetime Achievement award went to the Parsons Family of Auckland and Wellington for the inter-generational contribution the family have made to the industry.
See the press release here: http://booksellers.co.nz/members/booksellers-conference/2015-new-zealand-book-trade-industry-awards-winners.